Stylus is committed to continual improvement in the environmental footprint we leave.
From managing our supply chain to our manufacturing processes we are committed to environmentally sound choices. With the environment in mind we have made the following choices on all of our made to order products.
Our frames are made from wood sourced through suppliers who are certified for environmentally sound practices. These certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council , CSA Sustainable Forest Management standard, ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management Systems.
- Recycling programs are in place for paper, cardboard, plastic and foam waste.
- Natural light skylights reduce our energy needs for lighting.
- Selective packaging allows us to save packaging materials on shipments that have less anticipated handling.
- Efficient in-floor radiant heating is used to target areas where staff is less active reducing the need to heat the entire production facility with gas heaters.
- Our foam supply is from a zero waste supply chain. Scraps are recycled into carpet underlay.
- All of our foam supply is Chlorofluorocarbon free. Chlorofluorocarbons have been shown to deplete the ozone layer.
- The blowing agents used in the manufacturing of our foam is Methylene Chloride free.
- Our foams are polybrominated diphenyl free, a fire retardant that is linked to cancer.
- Ask about our optional "Bio-Foam" Soy based compound foam.